We invite you to collaborate with the Emirates Refinery business segment. Let our driveline, industrial and engine-oil additives improve the performance of your lubricants. Find out how to get more engine performance, lower your emissions, extend the engine’s life, and receive better fuel economy along the way.
We're committed to helping meet the world's need for energy while taking steps to protect the environment. We believe that is the right thing to do and that is critical to our success in a world in which energy sources should be compatible with an environment that's clean, safe and healthy.
That's why we are continually working to improve our processes to reduce pollution and waste, conserve natural resources, and reduce potentially negative environmental impacts of our activities and operations.
Our measures to preserve the environment are based on our awareness of the value of the complexity of the natural world. We recognize the importance of conserving biological diversity—the rich variety of life on Earth: its ecosystems, species and genes and the ecological processes that support them.
In February 2012 Emirates Refinery LLC was honoured with an Environmental Performance Certificate issued by The Ministry of Environment and Water, United Arab Emirates.
Emirates Refinery strives to protect the safety and health of people and the environment, and to conduct our operations reliably and efficiently. The systematic management of process safety, personal safety and health, environment, reliability and efficiency to achieve world-class performance is how we define Operational Excellence (OE).
Our commitment to OE is embodied in The Emirates Refinery Way value of Protecting People and the Environment, which places the highest priority on the health and safety of our workforce and the protection of our assets and the environment.
We approach the five areas of OE as one priority because success in each helps ensure success in the others, and ultimately, this success becomes a powerful driver for robust business performance.
Safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally sound operations just make good business sense, and we strive to complete every task, the right way, every time.
Operational Excellence is based on five objectives:
- Achieve an incident- and injury-free workplace.
- Promote a healthy workforce and mitigate significant workplace health risks.
- Identify and mitigate environmental and process safety risks.
- Operate with industry-leading asset integrity and reliability.
- Efficiently use natural resources and assets.
- To seek and incorporate public input regarding our products and operations.
- To provide chemicals that can be manufactured, transported, used and disposed of safely.
- To make health, safety, the environment and resource conservation critical considerations for all new and existing products and processes.
- To provide information on health or environmental risks and pursue protective measures for employees, the public and other key stakeholders.
- To work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors and contractors to foster the safe use, transport and disposal of chemicals.
- To operate our facilities in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees and the public.
- To support education and research on the health, safety and environmental effects of our products and processes.
- To work with others to resolve problems associated with past handling and disposal practices.
- To lead in the development of responsible laws, regulations and standards that safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- To practice Responsible Care by encouraging and assisting others to adhere to these principles and practices.